If you, or someone you have been in close contact with, has a confirmed case of COVID-19, or is experiencing a new continuous cough, and/or high fever, and/or loss or
change to your sense of smell or taste, please do not attend the clinic. Instead, please stay at home and call us to reschedule your appointment.
We have put in place stringent safety measures to help prevent the spread of infection and protect our patients and team members. These include:
- Spaced out appointments to minimise contact between patients and to allow for ventilation and cleaning of all surfaces after each patient. Please do not arrive early. The door will be locked,
ring the bell and a member of staff will let you in at your appointment time.
- Our appointment times have been staggered with the other therapists so there is only one person entering the clinic at one time.
- Our podiatrists will be wearing PPE and will be working behind a screen. We kindly ask visitors to wear a face mask or covering before entering the clinic.
- On arrival, we will show you to the bathroom to wash your hands before entering the clinic room.
- Queensferry Podiatry is now paperless. If you have email we will send a screening and consent form to you to be completed the day before your appoinment. If you have no email, we will screen you
over the phone and the consent form can be completed on a wipeable tablet at your appointment.
- We now have an air purifier equipped with a HEPA filter to help reduce harmful bacteria on hard surfaces.
- To avoid as much surface contact, we ask for you to pay via contatless/card or over the phone.